Re: Commercial Use and Source Code

Hi,

The first thing I think is tat you do not have to publish your code. Free software requests you to let the user free with your source, not you to work publicly. A code may be free if you give the user the source and all the freedoms.

About your project, it depends on what programs you use. If you use free software, you are under their license (GPL or other). According to some licenses, you have to share your changes with the author when you re-use a free program, others do not say this.

If you just add code in Debian, I think you are free. Just do not make inacessible some source under a free license.

Regards

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL