Re: Custom license conditions and grant for Wordplay package

On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 12:40 PM Moshe Piekarski wrote:

> The copyright holder made a statement on Facebook chat that he considers
> the code to be in the public domain. Is that enough for me to consider
> it such?

Unfortunately dedicating code to the public domain is not feasible
world-wide so a license is needed for areas where it does not exist or
cannot be contributed to before death. The Creative Commons Zero (CC0)
license aims to come as close as possible to a world-wide public
domain dedication so the copyright holder might want to use that
instead. Personally I would choose a copyleft license instead like the
GNU General Public License so that people using the software are
likely to also get a buildable copy of the code.

https://creativecommons.org/share-your-work/public-domain/cc0/
https://creativecommons.org/choose/zero/

--
bye,