Re: redistribution of the ARIN TAL

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 11:17 AM Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 6:36 AM Marco d'Itri wrote:
>
> > Contractual law would apply to entities downloading the TAL from the
> > ARIN web site, but I cannot see how they could apply to a Debian
> > maintainer who received anonymously the TAL by email...
>
> IANAL, so I wonder how one could be subject to a contract when
> downloading a file that doesn't even require a click-through agreement
> form?

So far we have come up with possible DMCA & contractual law issues
related to redistributing this file. I think we should get actual
lawyers on the case to figure this out and I suggest you contact the
DPL in order to proceed with that, IIRC Debian has access to lawyers
at Conservancy or the SFLC, I forget which.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise