Geeqie embedding ZoneDetect timezone data

A package I am maintaining (Geeqie) is looking to use ZoneDetect
timezone data, and geeqie upstream has actually embedded that data in
their upstream git repo. See [1] for that commit.

I have searched Debian mailinglists, and to me it looks like this is
ok, the ZoneDetect data is licensed under ODbL 1.0, and I guess that
the files that Geeqie embeds are "source" for the data.

Since I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this, I ask here - Does this
look alright?

(I know, and have told geeqie, that it needs to mention under which
licenses that data is used better - they are a bit more prominent in
the ZoneDetect repository [2]), but not really crystal clear there either.

Also, I am trying to make them to not embed that data, but use it as an
external library, but that is a separate problem.

1: http://geeqie.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=geeqie.git;a=commit;h=ab3ed5bcccd8af95545b658c5d0ec4d6d8ff554c
2: https://github.com/BertoldVdb/ZoneDetect

-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists@gusnan.se