Re: JPL Planetary Ephemeris DE405

Ole Streicher <olebole@debian.org> writes:

> Research data however are *not* a product of a creative scientific
> work.

You may continue to assert that. It doesn't change the facts of how
copyright law works. The Debian Project is bound to work within the
constraints of the current copyright regime.

I support your goal of minimising the reach of copyright, and I hope
that bears fruit. What is fruitless is simply asserting, in this forum,
that you don't think copyright applies.

If you want copyright not to apply around the world to a certain class
of information, your endeavour is not here in this forum; it is with the
lawmakers in those jurisdictions.

--
 \      “Some forms of reality are so horrible we refuse to face them, |
  `\     unless we are trapped into it by comedy. To label any subject |