Re: IUPAC/InChI-Trust Licence DFSG-Compliant ?

Ben Finney <bignose@debian.org> writes:

> To the extent that text is derived from the GNU LGPL, it is a copyright
> violation:

I didn't explain well enough why I was including some of the text.

This is from the GNU LGPL v2.1:

>     Copyright (C) 1991, 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc. […]
>     Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
>     of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.
>
>     <URL:https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/lgpl-2.1.html>

This is from the GNU LGPL v3:

>     Copyright © 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. […]
>     Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of this
>     license document, but changing it is not allowed.

      <URL:https://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html>

I showed both of those to show that the requirement has not changed
between versions (so it is sufficient to determine that the text is
derived from either version of the GNU LGPL).

--
 \      “It is the integrity of each individual human that is in final |
  `\        examination. On personal integrity hangs humanity's fate.” |