Re: Compatibility of GPLv2 and Apache v2 (OpenSSL again)

Sebastian Andrzej Siewior <sebastian@breakpoint.cc> writes:

> On December 7, 2018 6:04:22 AM UTC, Ben Finney <bignose@debian.org> wrote:
> >Is the grant of license somewhere in the Git repository to be examined?
>
> So the readme file
>   https://github.com/openssl/openssl/blob/master/README
>
> has this:
>
> The OpenSSL toolkit is licensed under the Apache License 2.0, which
> means that you are free to get and use it for commercial and
> non-commercial purposes as long as you fulfill its conditions.
>
> Is this enough or should upstream add more to this?

That looks clear enough: it names the specific work (“the OpenSSL
toolkit”), and grants license with the complete set of license
conditions (“the Apache License 2.0”, which specific text is also
included in the work). I think that constitutes a clear grant of license
in the work.

--
 \         “Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.”  (“Whatever is |
  `\                      said in Latin, sounds profound.”) —anonymous |