Re: What are the tests? was: RE: [Non-DoD Source] Re: MongoDB Server Side Public License, Version 1 (SSPL v1)

https://people.debian.org/~bap/dfsg-faq.html

Beware these are proxy cases for dfsg criteria and not criteria themselves.

Paul

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018, 8:48 AM Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) <cem.f.karan.civ@mail.mil> wrote:
On Tuesday, October 16, 2018 5:47 PM, Xavier wrote:
>Le 16/10/2018 à 22:44, Florian Weimer a écrit :
>> * Xavier:

>>> I feel this part fails against the dissident test but I could be wrong.
>>
>> I think you are right, but the test <Caution-https://wiki.debian.org/DissidentTest>
>> is not formally part of the Debian Free Software Guidelines.
>
>Right but as DFSG is just a guideline, my opinion is that:
> - formal success to DFSG is not enough (else we would have to change
>   them more often, which would create detrimental instability),
> - if one of the 3 tests fails, we leave with an unfavorable opinion to
>   start the discussion here.
>
>In this case, I feel that upstream team wants to limit freedom of their
>software while remaining just at the limit of the rules.
>
>So for now, my feeling> is that it's not in the spirit of DFSG, while
>respecting the words.

Forgive me for sidetracking this conversation, but what are the 3 tests?  I
found the Desert Island Test, but not the third one.

Thanks,
Cem Karan