Re: GPLv3 source code with license check for some build configuration, DFSG ok?

Le 2018-06-13 13:30, Ian Jackson a écrit :
Florian Weimer writes ("Re: GPLv3 source code with license check for
some build configuration, DFSG ok?"):
Thomas Preud'homme:
> The questions I was asking in the original thread on -mentors are:
>
> - Is a non-ultimate build DFSG ok?
> - Does the ultimate build respect the GPLv3?
>
> I'm leaning towards yes (because no usage restriction, source
> available, GPLv3 which allow redistribution with or without
> modification) and no due to this stanza in GPLv3:

What does upstream have to say about this matter?

The license check is guarded by a preprocessor directive which was hardcoded in one file but overridable in another one. When I asked about it he said the hardcoded file had been fixed so it can now be overrided when building which is a clear intent that the author want to allow the license check to be compiled out. He provides on his website prebuilt Windows binary with the license check enabled to fund his work and only the source is distributed for Linux.

Best regards,

Thomas