Re: JPL Planetary Ephemeris DE405

Walter,

Thanks for the response - I got in touch with Mr Folkner, and I received the following response:

"We consider the ascii and binary ephemeris files the same SPICE kernels that have exactly the same information just in a different format. The ephemeris data are then released for public use under the following conditions;

https://naif.jpl.nasa.gov/naif/rules.html

See especially sections on Kernels Distribution and Kernels Redistribution. The intent is to allow anyone to use or redistribute as long as the files/kernels are not modified."

Under my reading of their terms, it feels like a free license we can distribute the files under - they permit use, redistribution and modification as the user sees fit, and are only looking to limit their liability for support of any modified code.

Can anyone confirm or suggest why I may be wrong in this interpretation?

Thanks in advance!
DH

--
  Hibby