Re: Can a license be "DFSG approved"?

Hi Paul,

On Fri, 2017-10-27 at 14:50 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> The DFSG is not a body that can approve things. You could say "DFSG
> compatible", or "foo version X under license Y was approved by the
> Debian ftp-masters".

Thanks for the clarification. Your comment about compatibility matches
a similar comment from SPDX.

If anyone has further comments I've created a specific issue about
flagging SPDX license entries as DFSG compatible here:

https://github.com/spdx/spdx-spec/issues/48

Some background and suggestions for coordinated implementation details
are here (for example, maintaining a simple machine-readable list):

https://github.com/spdx/spdx-spec/issues/46

Regards,
David