Re: does MUSIC (cosmology package) qualify as free under DFSG?

hi Ian, all,

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017, Ian Jackson wrote:

I know that in some other cases upstreams have been persuaded to
change such licence conditions into non-binding imprecations.  In this
case that would make the resulting software GPL-compatible, which
would be very nice.  Perhaps upstream can be persuaded.  And perhaps
debian-science can come up with some examples to help persuade.

I'm in good contact with the main author ("upstream") - the results of
this archived public discussion should be able to help him decide on
any changes based on something more concrete than verbal discussion.

Cheers
Boud