Re: Inquire about ECCN for Debian GNU/Linux and how to deal with revised EAR

HI,

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 09:57:00PM +0900, Ikeda.Yuichi@cj.MitsubishiElectric.co.jp wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
> I think that past similar questions may be from the same reason.
> I have been checked almost all related e-mails and websites.
> On the USExportControl website (https://wiki.debian.org/USExportControl),

That is my writing ;-)

> it has been described "may be" covered under ECCN 5D002.
> This cannot treat as our confirmation,

That's intentional.  We are developers.  We can't be liable for the
legal decision.  Debian doesn't sell OS, too.

> so I had to ask a duplicate question as a procedure.
> Is it still "may be"?  Are there more clearly description?

It will be "may be" forever unless your company or someone else sponsor
the legal fees and cover liability insurances etc...

FYI: Toshiba, Hitachi, Renesas and Siemens are part of
     https://www.cip-project.org/ (A part of Linux Foundation)
     These people should have dealt this question in corporate
     environment ... I mean how to handle legal issues of using Linux
     platform.

     You may wish to talk to those companies and people how they handles
     this type of question.