Re: unknown license for package/debian/* in d/copyright in adopted package

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> Ben Finney writes ("Re: unknown license for package/debian/* in d/copyright in adopted package"):
> > Are there messages in that file that could be removed? I typically
> > try to get a single message from the copyright holder, that contains
> > an explicit and unambiguous grant of a specific license.
>
> I think it is better not to bother upstream with pointless
> administrivia.

Given an appropriate definition of “pointless administrivia”, of course
I agree with that.

I'm responding (belatedly) to your request for feedback on the
*existing* record of correspondence :-)

--
 \        “… no testimony can be admitted which is contrary to reason; |
  `\   reason is founded on the evidence of our senses.” —Percy Bysshe |