No-Copyright?

Hi,

one (Java) source file of an ITP package (jcdf) has the following comments:

 * The code for the Huffman and Adaptive Huffman decompressing stream
 * implementations in this class is based on the C implementation in
 * "The Data Compression Book" (Mark Nelson, 1992), via the code
 * in cdfhuff.c from the CDF source distribution.
 *
 * <p>On the topic of intellectual property, Mark Nelson
 * <a href="http://marknelson.us/code-use-policy";>says</a>:
 * <ul>
 * <li>It is my intention that anyone who buys the book or magazine be free
 *     to use the source code in any form they please. I only request that
 *     any use that involves public reproduction include proper attribution.
 *     any use that involves public reproduction include proper attribution.
 * <li>I assert that in no case will I initiate or cooperate with any attempt
 *     to enforce the copyright on the source code, whether it belongs to me
 *     or a publisher.
 * </ul>
 * And I even bought the book (MBT).

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-astro/packages/jcdf.git/tree/BitExpandInputStream.java

What is this? No-enforce-copyright with an attribution requirement?
Upstream itself uses LGPL-3.

Best regards

Ole