Re: is igmpproxy dfsg compliant?

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 02:52:33PM +0100, Pali Rohár wrote:
> Because igmpproxy is based on mrouted originally licensed under Stanford
> and later relicensed under BSD, I would consider it DFSG compliant...

For what is worth, my point of view follows:

In general, when a program is relicensed, the new license is not applied
automatically to forks and derivative versions. Imagine that I make a
GPL program that the igmpproxy developers modify and include into
igmpproxy. I later relicense my code to a license incompatible with the
GPL; igmpproxy won't automatically switch to the new license unless
everyone agree (and probably will never happen because they are fine
with the GPL version).

If the new license of mrouted is better, we can expect that all
developers and contributors will be happy to switch, but it must be done
by them, nobody else can switch the license in their behalf unless they
give permission.

According to the source repository of igmpproxy, it is stil using the
Standford license.