Re: Updating CIDER's Research Software Agreement License For Use in Ngspice

Hey Curt,

I am not a lawyer so my advice on this matter may be erroneous. Therefore, I am choosing to include the Free Software Foundation, Debian's legal group, and the Software Freedom Conservancy to weigh in; please advise us on what should be done.

Here is something I believe you may be able to do (feel free to correct me):
If you have write access to the UCB's ftp server: ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/

You could issue another blanket statement  for CIDER. Something along the lines of "Effective immediately, licensees and distributors of CIDER1b1 may choose to use the terms of the 3-clause BSD license when distributing CIDER1b1 or its modified works." Following the statement with the license itself.

Best regards,

Eric Kuzmenko