Re: [Individual|Corporate] Contributor License Agreement

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 9:14 PM, Frederic Bonnard wrote:

> I've got more details about the agreements :
> "libvecpf was created with the intention of being integrated later to glibc.
> glibc islicensed under LGPL and, as a GNU/FSF project, requires copyright
> assignment: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-assign.en.html
> Thus, libvecpf is also licensed as LGPL and requires a copyright
> assignment.
> If we remove the copyright assignment and accept contributions from other
> people, we won't be able to contribute this code back to the glibc
> community."

Personally, I trust the FSF, as a non-profit public interest charity,
to be a good copyright steward for Free Software code, so I think that
this situation is acceptable, as long as they actually follow through
with the contribution to glibc.

That said, a better option for this sort of situation would be for
contributors to assign to the FSF now rather than later.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise