Re: [Individual|Corporate] Contributor License Agreement

Frederic Bonnard <frediz@linux.vnet.ibm.com> writes:

> Though, as Ian mentionned, and as I intuitively felt, I still think
> there are unpleasant conditions in this agreement, in respect to the
> social contract will of giving back to the community, amongst others.
> It's a real stymie.

Yes, CLAs are a steadily growing plague on free software.

> My best option is, indeed, to ask to remove those agreements from the
> source.

It can often be effective to offer an alternative.

You may want to offer the idea that, instead of asking for an additional
CLA, they could simply ask for the contributor to certify the origin of
the contribution <URL:http://developercertificate.org/>.

--
 \         “We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!” |
  `\    —Vroomfondel, _The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy_, Douglas |