Re: drbdmanage EULA conforming to DFSG?

Am Freitag, den 09.12.2016, 14:08 +0100 schrieb Markus Frosch:
> Hey legal people,
> The DRBD upstream switched the license for one of their components
> "drbdmanage" from GPL to a special license (non-standard).
>
> I'm thinking about it would fit DFSG.
>
> Disclaimer: The software in particular is not available in Debian
> currently.
>
> License Name: DRBD MANAGE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
> Full Text:    [1] (also attached)
>
> The license itself seems to be shaped around DFSG and other OSS
> licenses.
>
> Linbit even states in their FAQ [2] that:
>
> > Is DRBD Manage open source software?
> >
> > Yes, the  license meets OSI’s Open Source Definition, it conforms
> > to Debian’s
> > social contract, it conforms to Ubuntu’s licensing policy and it is
> > within
> > Launchpad’s licensing conditions.

Oouch.
Can we ask them to stop claiming that, at least the Debian part?
IANAL but is the usage of "Debian" here also a trademark violation,
according to https://www.debian.org/trademark "You can NEVER use" §1
section?
(CC'ing the trademark team)

> I, myself, would consider the license non-free in terms of DFSG, due
> to this paragraph:

Not only this paragaph, I saw more WTFs among them... (e.g. if you make
 modifications you have to waive all rights, even your copyright ->
§3.3..)

--
tobi