Re: "Personal" term in Apple license

> When writing the file, a line caught my attention, because it mentions
> that the license is "personal" and "non-exclusive":
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-osg/pkg-osg.git/tree/debian/copyright?h=debian-osg-3.2&id=0e3adbf30d2b1b02710513ac22c9711f5e9d8cad#n417

This isn't a problem, since they give the users the rights required by
the DFSG. Personal means that they are just licensing the software to
you, non-exclusive means that they can also license it to others.

The below sentences sound more ominous, although I'm not sure what
Debian's position on this type of clause would be:

Except as expressly stated in this notice, no other rights or licenses,
express or implied, are granted by Apple herein, including but not
limited to any patent rights that may be infringed by your derivative
works or by other works in which the Apple Software may be
incorporated.Except as expressly stated in this notice, no other rights
or licenses, express or implied, are granted by Apple herein, including
but not limited to any patent rights that may be infringed by your
derivative works or by other works in which the Apple Software may be
incorporated.

I realise that they can't guarantee that derivative works won't
infringe anyone else's patent, but can't they at least guarantee that
derivative works won't infringe *Apple's* patents?