Re: Is mpage DFSG compatible?

On 18/10/15 23:27, Eriberto wrote:
Thanks Riley and Ángel!

Ángel,

The copyright notices in headers should be considered as priority over
licenses inside generical files. So, the upstream intents provided by
generical copyright files shouldn't be considered when packaging and
if the files have headers. I understood your words, but the main
license is non-DFSG (IMHO).

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,

Eriberto
Sure. I was considering that they probably *intended* it to be available under
(L)GPL, and would thus be sympatetic to (properly) license under them.
Not that Debian should solely rely on those files when there is more specific
copyright information.

Kudos to Ben for noticing that old Changelog entry.