Re: Source files

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 09:12:21 +0200 Ole Streicher wrote:

[...]
> Yes, this is a nice summary. Thank you very much;

You're welcome!

> would it be possible
> to add it somewhere to Debian (Wiki or so?)

I tend to avoid the Debian Wiki, because it is a licensing mess: almost
nobody cares about adding licensing info to the pages that are created
(in order to make them DFSG-free), hence every Wiki user has the
technical possibility to modify pages, but no legal permission to do so!
I think this is terrible, especially for a project like Debian, which
is *supposed* to care about software freedom, but then *so often*
forgets about it...   :-(

See
<https://wiki.debian.org/DebianWiki/LicencingTerms>
<https://bugs.debian.org/385797>
for the details.
Among other things, the bug report has been even closed with wrong and
rambling considerations... I think that it should be reopened.

> And (unrelated to Debian)
> may it be possible to submit to the FSF for inclusion? It actually would
> help much for discussion with some upstream about what they are required
> to release.
[...]

I really doubt the FSF would agree with my point of view, especially
with my opinion on applying the same freedom standards to all types of
works, rather than distinguishing programs, documentation, essays,
artistic works, and so forth...

--
 http://www.inventati.org/frx/
 There's not a second to spare! To the laboratory!