fbpdf license doubt

Hi,

There has been some discussion on the debian-mentors list about
copyright and we'd like to get advice from debian-legal.

The original message (not written by me) is below.

Yours thankfully,

Riley Baird

----

Hello!

I personally use fbpdf pdf-viewer. I packaged it for myself,
but I have some doubts about including it in Debian Archive.

First, it have no LICESNSE file, only main source file mention
modified BSD. I twice mailed author, but seems that he ignored my
request to add full-fledged LICENSE file. Second is that it do not
make releases. And third, pure technical problem is that package
provides binaries `fbpdf` and `fbpdf2`, functionally identical, but
having different dependencies. I am not sure what to do with it.

It is not perfect, but the only sane solution for framebuffer I know,
so I would bother with it.

Upstream-Name: fbpdf
Homepage: http://litcave.rudi.ir
Source: http://repo.or.cz/w/fbpdf.git
 Fbpdf is a framebuffer pdf and djvu viewer.  There are three make
 targets: fbpdf uses mupdf library for rendering pdf, fbpdf2 uses
 poppler for the same purpose, and fbdjvu uses djvulibre library for
 rendering djvu files.

--
Best regards, Dmitry Bogatov <KAction@gnu.org>,
Free Software supporter, esperantisto and netiquette guardian.