[A]GPL vs Apache 2

Hi,

If I was to make a tool for general purpose, to help others, and ensure
freedom is guaranteed, I'd go with [A]GPL. If I want to make a
commercial product, I would go and opt for a proprietary license.

Now I see a reason for people choosing other licenses, like Apache, is
calling it being more permissive.

Is it correct to assume "permissive" here refers to the idea of taking
the code and easily changing it proprietary? Taking the code, and
mixing it with other proprietary product ?