Re: graywolf (TimberWolf) and licensing

Hi again,

It has been a while since I brought up this issue, but now
we've got a positive response from Yale. We're allowed to redistribute
it under GPL-2+ on a few conditions.
This is the text:

"""
This work is distributed in the hope that it will be useful; you can
redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the
GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation;
either version 2 of the License,
or any later version, on the following conditions:

(a) YALE MAKES NO, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS
ALL, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT THE MANUFACTURE, USE, PRACTICE,
SALE OR
OTHER DISPOSAL OF THE SOFTWARE DOES NOT OR WILL NOT INFRINGE UPON ANY
PATENT OR
OTHER RIGHTS NOT VESTED IN YALE.

(b) YALE MAKES NO, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL, REPRESENTATIONS AND
WARRANTIES
WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED,
INCLUDING,
BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR
PURPOSE.

(c) LICENSEE SHALL MAKE NO STATEMENTS, REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES
WHATSOEVER TO
ANY THIRD PARTIES THAT ARE INCONSISTENT WITH THE DISCLAIMERS BY YALE IN
ARTICLE
(a) AND (b) above.

(d) IN NO EVENT SHALL YALE, OR ITS TRUSTEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS,
EMPLOYEES AND
AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ECONOMIC DAMAGE OR
INJURY TO PROPERTY AND LOST PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YALE SHALL BE
ADVISED, SHALL HAVE OTHER REASON TO KNOW, OR IN FACT SHALL KNOW OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF THE FOREGOING.
"""

I guess that we are all set to include graywolf in Debian now?

Regards,
Ruben