Re: Freeness of code automatically generated from RFCs?
- To: Michael Gilbert <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Freeness of code automatically generated from RFCs?
- From: Florian Weimer <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 21:57:51 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <CANTw=MMTeDCBM3C5J=MiV9v5dDO65_bZV5gnOcbD6BR8sgt-Yw@mail.gmail.com> (Michael Gilbert's message of "Sat, 24 Jan 2015 23:36:01 -0500")
- References: <CANTw=MMTeDCBM3C5J=MiV9v5dDO65_bZV5gnOcbD6BR8sgt-Yw@mail.gmail.com>
* Michael Gilbert:
> I came across a curiosity while updating the wine package today. I
> noticed that upstream wine generates one of their source files from
> the contents of RFC3454 .
These days, the IETF has procedures covering data extraction from
RFCs. It may make sense to ask them to apply them to this RFC.
There seems to have been some bit rot, I'll ask on the mailing list
about the current status.