Re: Python GPL-3+ program w/o OpenSSL exception using python-requests

> My conclusion is that if you have a GPL program importing the "ssl"
> module, you can ignore the licensing issue on either the ground
> that nobody really cares or the fact that OpenSSL should be
> considered as a system library (and this is easier with GPLv3 than
> it was with GPLv2).

You might be right, but it would seem that the FTP Masters disagree
with you. https://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html

For what it's worth, I agree with your point that nobody cares,
although I disagree with your point that OpenSSL is a system library.
(If it were in contrib/non-free, that would be a different story,
since they aren't part of Debian.)