Re: Re: Standard implementation of constant, copyright or not ?

Guilherme Brondani Torri wrote:
Next I will contact Accellera IP Committee to check if they would consider a more permissive license on future versions of their headers. That would allow them to be included in free software.

I asked the current VAMS TC chairman, who said he had "long discussions with Richard Crozier,
Bastien Roucaries (QUCS), Ryan Fox (ADMS maintainer) and Stan and Lynn from Accellera" in 2013,
and Accellera does not want more permissive licenses.

In particular, Stan Krolikoski wrote:
> Upon looking at the standard, I would say that any sort of open source licensing
> of the packages in Annex D is to be strictly avoided.  That Annex is clearly
> identified as being "normative", which means that it is part of the standard.
> Licensing part of standard (as opposed to licensing examples) under open source
> seems counterproductive-- a "standard" is fixed until the relevant standards WG
> decides to update it.  Indeed, I would strongly argue that if anyone is able to
> make changes to part of a given standard as they wish, then it ceases to be a
> true standard.

I agree with him.

If the user needs to download the headers, this is where to get them from:

http://www.accellera.org/downloads/standards/v-ams