Re: Strange legal notice in AllJoyn (from Qualcomm)

INAL, etc

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 10:23:09PM +0100, Cleto Martín wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm studying to start a package for AllJoyn[1], a network middleware
> created by Qualcomm which is now hosted by the Linux Foundation.
>
> In general terms, this middleware is licensed under the Internet
> Software Consortium (ISC) terms, which seems to be good in terms of
> Debian Policy. However, I have found this notice within git repository [2]:
>
> ---8<---

[BXA Export notice thinger here]

> --->8---
>
> Sounds me like a non-free clause. I have had a look at [3] but I'm not
> sure if actually is the same case, so I doubt if I could follow the
> procedure explained there. Is this a non-free clause or we have similar
> cases in the past?

Well, lucky for us, it's not in the license that we *must* comply with
BXA - seems to just be a nice note informing distributors. I believe
that [3] still applies to this -- I don't see this as something they're
trying to write into the license terms :)

> Many thanks,
>  cleto.
>
> [1]: https://www.alljoyn.org
> [2]: https://git.allseenalliance.org/cgit/core/alljoyn.git/tree/README.md
> [3]: https://www.debian.org/legal/cryptoinmain

Should be fine!
  Paul

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org>  |   Proud Debian Developer
: :'  : 4096R / 8F04 9AD8 2C92 066C 7352  D28A 7B58 5B30 807C 2A87