Re: BSD advertising clause and selling pre-installed Debian

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 6:08 AM, Riley Baird wrote:

> If I want to sell a computer with Debian pre-installed, and I wish to
> make advertisements for it, does that mean that I have to find all
> copies of the BSD advertising clause with the software on the first disc
> and include them in the advertisement? I know that many vendors sell -
> and advertise - Debian systems, so there must be an easier way.

Based on a naive interpretation of the clause, I would think that
removing mention of any software using that clause or features of any
software using that clause from "advertising materials" would be the
easiest route to compliance.

--
bye,
pabs