Determining Intention for Licensing

Hello debian-legal!

I am currently packaging GMastermind, and I have run into a licensing issue.

In the package, every source file that has a license header is released
under GPL-2, with the "or, at your option, any later version" statement.

However, some files don't have license headers, and the README file
states "GMastermind is relased under GNU Gneneral Public Licence 2.0
(see gpl.txt)".

Note the lack of the "any later version" statement. It appears that the
intention was clear, and the mistaken notice in the README was accidental.

Also, fwiw, "released" and "general" are spelt wrongly and "gpl.txt" no
longer exists, having been replaced by COPYING.

You can download the source archive here [1]. (Also, I'm looking for a
sponsor to upload the package. If you're interested, see here for the
sponsorship request [2]).

Thanks!

[1] http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/gap/GMastermind-0.6.tar.gz
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/754441