Re: kinect-audio-setup package and Kinect for Windows EULA

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 6:58 PM, Antonio Ospite wrote:

> Any advice about how to proceed on this?

Contact Microsoft and ask them to release the firmware separately from
the SDK. While you are doing that please ask them to make it available
under a license that allows redistribution and use outside of
Microsoft Windows. Here is an example of a license that would allow
the firmware to be uploaded to non-free:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/plain/LICENCE.iwlwifi_firmware?id=HEAD

If that fails then... IANAL, but:

1. sounds like it could open you/Debian up to lawsuits about inducing
users to violate the EULA.

2. I'm failing to understand the logic here but I think that would be
problematic too.

3. sounds like only remaining solution.

--
bye,