Bug#767583: kfreebsd-10: ar9300_devid.h license restricts modification
Justification: Policy 2.2.1
After reading a discussion on the gnu-linux-libre mailing list ,
I found that the two files named ar9300_devid.h have a license that
* Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Sam Leffler, Errno Consulting, Atheros
* Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms are permitted
* provided that the following conditions are met:
* 1. The materials contained herein are unmodified and are used
* 2. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following NO
* ''WARRANTY'' disclaimer below (''Disclaimer''), without
* 3. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce at minimum a
* disclaimer similar to the Disclaimer below and any redistribution
* must be conditioned upon including a substantially similar
* Disclaimer requirement for further binary redistribution.
* 4. Neither the names of the above-listed copyright holders nor the
* names of any contributors may be used to endorse or promote
* product derived from this software without specific prior written
* NO WARRANTY
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS
* ''AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
* LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NONINFRINGEMENT,
* MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
* IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
* FOR SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
* LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF
* USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
* ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY,
* OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT
* OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
* SUCH DAMAGES.
The two files are:
I'm not really sure what should be done about it, though.