Re: Re: jmapviewer: Resolution for missing Bing logo

On 18.10.2014 16:19, Felix Natter wrote:

I thought you mean to patch josm in your last mail! Of course patching
jmapviewer to download the image during build time is a good solution:

wget http://dev.virtualearth.net/Branding/logo_powered_by.png -o ...
--> is that what you and Martin Krüger mean?

No:
Out suggested solution is josm pulling the required logo from Microsoft on runtime.

In my solution the URL of the logo is read  from the attribution-xml.

Josm fetching the attribution-xml during bing-layer load is status quo .

I'm trying hard, but if the logo is not DFSG compliant *and* the
BrandLogoUri solution is not acceptable for MS (or Debian),

I dont see any problem from both sides:

Data  displayed or processed on Debian-installations is not limited by DFSG.

Microsoft distributess the Logo with the attribution infos.
Attributions without permit to display make no sense.

Best Regards
    Martin