Gesendet: Donnerstag, 16. Oktober 2014 um 01:56 Uhr
Von: "Ian Jackson" <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
An: "Felix Natter" <fnatter@gmx.net>
Cc: debian-legal@lists.debian.org, "Debian GIS Project" <debian-gis@lists.debian.org>
Betreff: Re: jmapviewer: bing logo
Felix Natter writes ("jmapviewer: bing logo"):
> I as the package author originally thought that we should not advertise
> bing, but Sebastiaan from debian-gis argues that we violated MS terms of
> use by not including it (please see the PDF link included in that mail):

I agree that we should avoid advertising Bing. (For reasons of
principle, but not DFSG reasons.) But if the software can display
Bing maps we shouldn't disable that. So there is a conversation to be
had about exactly how that works in the UI.

One easy option would be to put the Bing compatibility stuff in a
separate package in non-free.

Another possibility would be to have the program download the logo
itself from the Bing website somewhere, along with the Bing map data,
when the Bing option is used, but such a thing ought to be in contrib.

Ian.