Re: Providing an openssl-linked pycurl (reviving 2010 thread)

On 25/09/14 04:18, Andrew Erickson wrote:
> Could an 'official' person make a ruling on Guido's email from 2010
> (link below)?

debian-legal does not control or enforce Debian's official position on
licensing or what can go into the archive. We can offer opinions and
advice, but that's about it. The relevant factors are:

* (for main and contrib) is it Free Software according to the DFSG?
* (for main, contrib and non-free) is the proposed situation something
  we can legally distribute?

and the people with the final word on both these topics are the
ftpmasters, Cc'd here.

ftpmasters, the thread on which Andrew would like a ruling is this:

> https://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2010/06/msg00016.html
>
> The bug mentioned
> (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=515200) has
> lingered due to no official response. It's still very much an issue
> and it would be great to have a solution.

Regards,