Re: openjdk-8 upstream limits source distribution?

On Mon, 1 Sep 2014, Walter Landry wrote:
Due to limited intellectual property protection and enforcement in
certain countries, the JDK source code may only be distributed to an
authorized list of countries. You will not be able to access the
source code if you are downloading from a country that is not on this
list. We are continuously reviewing this list for addition of other
countries.
This is just Oracle saying that they will not offer downloads to
people in embargoed countries (e.g. Cuba).  Debian does a similar
thing.  This does not prevent anyone from taking that download and
giving it to a Cuban.

Oracle saying that they won't offer downloads to people in embargoed nations
would be "we will only distribute the source code to...", not "the source
code may only be distributed to..."  The way it's actually worded, that
limit applies to everyone, not just Oracle.