Re: Debian and the Vinay Sajip License

On 29.08.14 07:10:10, Riley Baird wrote:
> On 29/08/14 07:05, Paul Wise wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Riley Baird wrote:
> >
> >> Afaict, the only Vinay Sajip-licensed code that Debian uses is the
> >> Python logging module. Before I send a response to Vinay, can anyone
> >> confirm that we don't use any more of his stuff?
> >>
> >> http://codesearch.debian.net/search?prev=&q=the+name+of+Vinay+Sajip
> >
> > I see these packages: python2.7 python3.4 xen python-django pypy
> > jython python-pecan pastescript bicyclerepair gunicorn planet-venus
>
> Yes, but most of them seem to be using copies of the same code.

one of Vinay's software that is used (as copies) is dictconfig. He
keeps it here [1], should he relicense this in his repo, and we tell
upstreams who copy to get the new relicensed version ?

More of his software can be also found on bitbucket, like logutils,
here is the list [2]

[1] https://bitbucket.org/vinay.sajip/dictconfig/
[2] https://bitbucket.org/vinay.sajip

--
Dariusz Dwornikowski,
  Institute of Computing Science, Poznań University of Technology