Re: Question about a "custom" license from dictconfig

On 08/26/2014 10:03 AM, Dariusz Dwornikowski wrote:
> On 26.08.14 15:44:44, MJ Ray wrote:
>> Dariusz Dwornikowski wrote:
>>> I encountered this license while packaging (as in this file [1]). My
>>> questions is, what type of license is it, and is it DFSG compatible ?
>>>
>>> Please CC me, I am not on the list.
>>>
>>> [1] https://bitbucket.org/vinay.sajip/dictconfig/raw/53b3c32dea4694cd3fb2f14b3159d66d3da10bc0/src/dictconfig.py
>> This looks close enough to MIT/Expat-style licensing that most of it
>> seems to meet the DFSG.
>> The only thing I'm not sure about is whether it's OK for other people
>> also called "Vinay Sajip" to release changes under their own name.
>> Anyone know?  If not, then it fails DFSG.
I doubt that a conflict of two persons' names would cause conflict here
(any more than it does in Copyright statements, or for licenses for
other works. I imagine that whatever ambiguity strategy (or
lack-thereof) that is already applied to licenses in general would apply
the same way here.  But, IANAL.

However, it looks to me that only persons named "Vinay Sajip" are
protected by the warranty disclaimer! What a shame! Would it be
acceptable to add an additional disclaimer, by copying the current one
and replacing "VINAY SAJIP" with "THE AUTHORS"?

Regards,
Jonathan