Re: [PHP-QA] Debian and the PHP license

(-project dropped from the CC)

MJ Ray writes ("Re: [PHP-QA] Debian and the PHP license"):
> Secondly, unless it says otherwise, a naming restriction in a
> copyright licence doesn't permit honest source attribution and all
> the other nominative and fair uses that a trademark would. This is
> more of a problem for Debian.

Can you please confirm that the question I put in my draft questions
for SFLC, on this subject, addresses this point ?  If I haven't
fully captured your understanding of the problem then my draft needs
to be updated.

(I'm about to post a v3 but it's essentially identical on this point.)

> There are many ways this could be solved, but the ostrich approach
> of closing the bugs without fixing them and hiding this from users
> must be one of the worst. Please support another approach.

I think you're being rather rude here.  It's not the case that people
are deliberately `hiding' these `bugs'.  Rather, they disagree whether
the problem is real or imaginary.

Ian.