Use of Debian Linux as basis of commercially dsitributed appliance box

Please include me in all replies, I have currently not subscribed to debian-legal.

Dear list,

in a request for help posted to the <debian-project> list a couple of weeks ago, I basically asked:

--- 8< ---
We like Debian and want to use it as the underlying OS for building an appliance box for our customers (one of the keywords seems to be "vertical market").
Do we need to take special care to comply with the Licenses involved in the standard Debian distribution, i.e. Kernel and "main" (as in "not contrib, non-free") packages?"
--- >8 ---

Key takeaway for us was the following (Wouter Verhelst and Steffen Möller provided good advice):
- Avoid non-free packages
- Ensure that users can access the sources of all involved packages (obtained e.g. via "apt-get -d source <packagename>")

Is there anything that you guys from debian-legal would add to that?
Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

(Apologies for the lengthy e-mail signature, my employer requires me to include it in every e-mail.)
(Apologies if this question has been asked and answered before. I did not find anything via the list search at https://lists.debian.org/search.html)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Clemens Renner
System Architect
Dairy Health and Farm Management
BU Dairy & Farm Equipment

GEA Farm Technologies GmbH
GEA Farm Technologies
Tel. +49 2383 937-298, Fax +49 2383 938-298
clemens.renner@gea.com
www.gea.com
We live our values.
Excellence . Passion . Integrity . Responsibility . GEA-versity
GEA Farm Technologies GmbH, Siemensstraße 25-27, 59199 Boenen, Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered office: Boenen, Registergericht/Court of Registration: Hamm, HRB 5363
Geschäftsführung/Management Board: Dr. Ulrich Huellmann; Markus Kreft
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman Supervisory Board: Dr. Stephan Petri

Vertraulichkeitshinweis
Diese E-Mail und etwaige Anlagen können vertrauliche sowie der beruflichen Schweigepflicht unterliegende Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, benachrichtigen Sie uns bitte durch eine Antwort-Mail und löschen Sie diese E-Mail nebst Anlagen von Ihrem System. Vielen Dank!
Confidentiality note
This e-mail, including any attachment, may contain confidential and privileged information. If you have received it by mistake, please notify us by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail and any attachment from your system. Thank you!