Re: Ghostscript licensing changed to AGPL

> So please excuse my ignorance here: But how does that work? How can we,
> as Debian, ensure that a user automatically complies with the license
> when a package is installed and spawns up a service on a port? (Or
> similarly, installs itself into a web server found on the system.)

I don't think that, technically, Debian has any requirement to do so.
However, I would definitely be less comfortable using Debian if I could
end up inadvertently violating a license just by starting a web server.

> Should it then communicate that it is Debian version X and that the
> source can be found on any Debian mirror near you?

What if the network in question is not the internet?