Derivatives forced to have the same license

Is it legally possible to create a copyleft license that automatically forces all derivatives to have the same license?

It would be an art license, not a software license, if that makes any difference.  I know the GPL is often accused of doing this, but I was wondering if it was actually legally possible.

For example:  I make an image and put it under my "superviral" license.  Somebody else creates a derivative and posts it to deviantart or flickr or some such place.  Their derivative work is automatically under the superviral license simply because they created and distributed a derivative.  Even if they don't put a superviral license notice, it would still be under that license whether or not they wanted it to be.