Re: Opinion about GPL-2 exception [sequitur-g2p]

Il 30/01/2013 13:58, MJ Ray ha scritto:
> Giulio Paci <giuliopaci@gmail.com>
>> "Should a provision of no. 9 and 10 of the GNU General Public License be invalid or become invalid, a valid provision is deemed to have been agreed upon which comes closest
>> to what the parties intended commercially. In any case guarantee/warranty shall be limited to gross negligent actions or intended actions or fraudulent concealment."
> [...]
>> What is your opinion about this exception? Is this exception acceptable for a Debian package in main?
>
> I don't think it's more restrictive than what the courts should do and
> what's in the GPL-2 already, so I would accept it, but I'm not 100% sure.

Thank you very much for your reply. It was also my opinion that the exception is not more restrictive than GPL-2, nevertheless it is confusing (and I am not a legal).

Is there any way to be 100% sure? I am still waiting for a reply from upstream on this.

Bests,
	Giulio.