time-stamping (was: Re: debian patent policy?)

On 09/27/2013 11:33 PM, Paul Elliott wrote:
I have some ideas in my head that I am thinking about patenting, but I only want to torture the proprietary software people with it.

You can be a pain to proprietary software people by time-stamping the normal open development process:
http://eupat.ffii.org/stidi/gacri/
Lots cheaper too. Time-stamping proprietary development also helps (see link above).

For historical reference, some people have considered not torturing anybody at all to be OK:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Technical_Disclosure_Bulletin
Best regards.

//Erik