Re: redistributability of two software pieces in non-free

On 13334 March 1977, Johannes Schauer wrote:

> While this software violates dfsg without doubt, I wonder if it could be
> distributed in non-free because it states that it can only be copied for
> academic use. Is copying equal to distribution?

Not it can't, as it forbids redistribution. Which is about the only
thing thats required for non-free.

> Here it states distribution directly but also adds the educational, research
> and non-profit purpose. This would meet the requirements for inclusion in
> non-free, no?

Yes it does. It's the users task to check non-free licenses before they
do anything with software in it, so the limitation is fine there.

--
bye, Joerg
The Rathaus is the town hall, not where rats live (some may dispute