AGPL request for summary of recent discussion

Hi,

there were several threads around AGPL recently, mostly re-stirred due
to Horracle using AGPLv3 for Berkeley DB.

I was unable to follow them totally and remember there being raised at
least two points:

• The inability to provide security support for AGPL software
  (embargoed fixes)/

• The requirements for source delivery using the network once
  someone patches it.

• The “viral” component, like GPL, only worsened by the above.

I’d like to see whether there was anything decided, since I’ve
been asked yesternight to sponsor some packages, and one of them
contained AGPLv3+ code (and it’s a plugin for an LGPLv2.1+ program,
so I asked the prospective maintainer to hit upstream with a big
foamy cluebat about their choice of licence – which he did – since
it’d Conflicts with e.g. GPLv2-only plugins).

So, is AGPLv3 still acceptable for main?

Personally I’m ambiguous, but then, I’m not a fan of GPL either.

bye,
//mirabilos