Re: docsis linking to libsnmp which links against libopenssl

On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez
<perezmeyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone! I have a question about the license status of a package I
> maintain, docsis.
>
> Docsis uses libsnmp. In turn, since the last upload, libsnmp added -lcrypto,
> making it link against libopenssl.
>
> Docsis is under the GPL with no openssl exception, so at first sight it could
> be an offender, but:
>
> - It links against another libs which in turn uses libopenssl.
> - It doesn't make use of any of it's crypto stuff.

Not distribuable

Ask libsnmp to use libnss or even the compatibility layer
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Nss_compat_ossl
(I will package this some days) if you do not want to depth modify libsnmp

Bastien