Fw: Q: license change for code component in RFCs

 forwarded to (probably) appropriate list...

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 08:14:42 +0900
From: Hideki Yamane <henrich@debian.or.jp>
To: Jochen Friedrich <jochen@scram.de>, Thomas Anders <tanders@users.sourceforge.net>, Noah Meyerhans <noahm@debian.org>, pkg-net-snmp-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
Cc: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
Subject: Q: license change for code component in RFCs

Hi,

 I've found the document that RFC copyright policy was changed in 2008,
 so I want to share a bit about it.

 RFC document itself is still non-DFSG-free one, but the **code** in RFC
 after 2008-11-10 can be used under BSD-3-clause license as RFC 5378.
 So, we can include _some code_ that was removed to make package
 suitable to main. see http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info/

 Maybe http://wiki.debian.org/NonFreeIETFDocuments should be updated, too.

 And I wonder is there someone who have already asked them to release code
 component in RFCs before RFC5378 under permissive license ago? I want
 to include more MIBs to net-snmp.

 # code = "code components" in RFC, not document itself
   see http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info/Code-Components-List-4-23-09.txt
   and http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/copyright.html

  "ABNF definitions, XML Schemas, XML DTDs, XML RelaxNG definitions,
   tables of values, MIBs, PIBs, ASN.1, and classical programming source code"

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org
 http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane